Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm no longer a monogomous knitter

While working on the endless yoke of Mariah, I treated myself and started Clapotis.


Clapotis in Knit Picks Andean Silk Twist


Close-up of dropped stitches.

I like this pattern. Not too mind bending but entertaining enough and goes pretty quickly. All was going smoothly until the last time I dropped a stitch and realized I had dropped one stitch AFTER the one I was SUPPOSED to drop. Sigh. It's such a bitch when good knitting goes bad like that. I couldn't figure out how the bottom of the ladder was really supposed to be, and yes I admit I did contemplate (briefly) starting over and then the voice in my head shouted "who the hell's gonna notice anyway?!" so I refrained and just threaded the misled stich back up the ladder. I'm sure blocking will also be helpful. So much for my fantasy of perfection..... I'm sure sooner rather than later knitting will break me of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Korin said...

Gorgeous! I was wondering what the silk twist would look like as a clap! :D

Thursday, May 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home