Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Knitter's Night Out

After the sad closing of my favorite LYS, it reopened under new name and new ownership (they bought out the inventory) Knitters Mercantile. Last night was the first gathering - potluck style and a drawing for prizes. Yay! I was lucky and won 4 different sizes of Susan Bates Quicksilver single point needles. Pretty fun.

It was great to gather with other knitters and share projects and ideas. Saw the pattern for Matthews Scarf - really sweet. Julie was swatching Knit Picks Elegance for it. That yarn felt absolutely amazing! Definitely on my list now.

Sara's planning a Knit Along for Knitty's Peek-a-Boob. Carrie had this fabulous wire woven shawl on display. It was amazing - although I can only imagine the time involved. It was such a treat to have another gathering place to meet new people.

Speaking of knitters in real life - I reconnected with my long lost friend Suzanne (hi Suzanne!), a fellow knitting addict and all around very cool person. We've been having great fun swapping photos and patterns. She's made some amazing felted bags, and these cute hooded sweaters for her boys, as well as a gorgeous cabled sweater for her dad that she steeked (gasp!). When I grow up I want to steek :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home