Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Stash Enhancement

Hi, my name is Lisa and I have a yarn addiction.

You know you have a yarn problem when your husband asks "so just what hole is it you're attempting to fill by buying all this yarn?". No fair when he plays therapist like that! Somehow responding "but it was 40% off!" just doesn't do the trick.

This is a sweet olive green tweed. Maggi's Tweed Fleck Aran to be exact. I'm thinking of using it to make Rogue but I'm just a couple skeins shy. I'm playing with a swatch now to see if I like it enough to hunt down more.


Stash enhancement 1

This is Kid Seta - mohair/silk combo, in a lovely midnight blue. I have been warned against this, but the lusciousness of it was difficult to resist. I have enough to do a lace shawl. We'll see which one strikes my fancy.


Stash enhancement 2

This is Jamieson's Chunky Shetland. Not only 40% off, but discontinued. I love the brick red color. I think I have enough to make a short Einstein jacket. Hopefully my SIL gifted me with that book. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go for gift exchange!


Stash enhancement 3

Last but not least - Fusion, another mohair yarn - this one with acrylic and wool. I really like the colors of it, kind of a plum/purple/mauve. Sort of. Not enough for a shawl, but could make a nice scarf solo or in combination. We'll see what it grows up to be.


Stash enhancement 4

I think I have plenty to keep me busy, once I get some other projects out of the way. Currently on the needles is my sister's hat. After that, I'm making a chemo cap for my friend Candee who's currently going through the hell of chemo and loosing her hair. Then, if I'm in the mood and time is on my side, I'll whip up another pair of socks for Katie in her second color choice for her bday Jan. 24th. Then I think I'd better get cracking on baby goodies for friends - yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home