Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pictures

Ok, first up Cat's Paw lace scarf.



Blocking on my interlocking fitness mats. Really like how they worked out. Especially like having the flexibility to go long or wide depending on the shape of the FO.



Close-up of blocked pattern.



Indulged in an "artsy" shot :-)

Details:


Pattern: Northern Lace by Elizabeth Lovick. It's using the cat's paw stitch pattern. Elizabeth can be found here.

Yarn:
lace weight merino from Hand Painted Yarn,.

Needles: Knit Picks Options size 7 (I think),

Comments: The yarn was nice but seemed a little splitty, although since it's my first lace project I really don't have anything to compare it to. Using the Knit Picks helped avoid splitting since their tips are so pointy. I didn't know most people don't like metal needles for lace until after the fact. They worked for me.

Around the Bend with my Head Hugger Hat.



Details for Round the Bend:

Pattern: can be found in Handknitting with Meg Swansen I actually used the video that she made for this pattern. Schoolhouse Press is in the process of changing their videos over to DVD and it appears that they're out of stock for the video of this pattern. Hopefully it will reappear on DVD soon.


Yarn:
Unspun Icelandic Wool in Caramel and Dusty Pink.

Needles: Addi Turbo circulars and I can't remember what size I used - wah!

Comments: This yarn is incredibly warm. Because it's unspun you have to handle it a little more careful than plied yarn. If you yank on it, it will stretch out. Sewing up the shoulder seams got a little tricky because of this. Once it's knit up, it's a stable fabric. I used it double stranded throughout to meet gauge.

Easy Head-Hugger Hat



This back shot shows the pattern of the band nicely.



Side view - I lurv Noro :-)


Details on Easy Head-Hugger Hat:

Pattern: Easy Head-Hugger Hat

Yarn: Noro Kureyon

Needles:
Knit Picks Options size 5

Comments: You do have to pay attention though because something different is happening each right side row. I think if I hadn't put this down and picked it up over 2 months it would've been easier to get in the rhythm of the pattern.

1 Comments:

Blogger Korin said...

Gorgeous! all of it, esp you :) I love that you're blogging again!

Sunday, July 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home