Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ravelry is a drug

I finally got into Ravelry - yay! I'm KnitLisaKnit over there.

I've been having so much fun posting pics of my projects and stash. Who knew I had so much yarn! You know you have a problem when looking at pictures of your yarn is a soothing experience.

So have I been doing any knitting in the midst of this? Yes indeed. Bit by bit.

Eris Update
Poor Eris. Remember the 2 different dye lots horror? Well I got all the way to working on the bottom hem and realized it was too big. And it was my fault. I really thought I could get away with having my guage being too big over the chest area and then go down a needle size when it tapered in at the waist and no one would notice, right?

Wrong.





I had little wings where there was too much fabric along the side under the arm pit and it was puckery where I went down needle size. Plus the dye lot fiasco. I decided it was too many strikes against it. So I ripped. it. out. All the way back to the cable collar which thank god happened to be done all in the same dye lot.

I've seperated out the 2 dye lots and think I'll have enough to do the body all in one. Ideally I'll have enough in the same dye lot to also do the sleeves and then use the other dye lot for the body and sleeve cuffs. But the sleeves may end up being a different one.

Dan thought I was being too picky. But you know, if I'm going to spend that much time on a sweater, it might as well be what I want. And if I don't get to wear it for another 2, 3 or 4 months it's not that big of a deal. So what if it's 3 steps forward and 2 steps back if it's what I want in the end. Back to it's humble beginnings once again.



Finished my first Christmas present. My brother Ryan's scarf - the seaman scarf Matt. It's made from good 'ol Plymouth Encore. I would've liked to use a nicer yarn, but wanted something he could wash. I hope he likes it. He's the last of my siblings to get a knitted gift from me.





Other Christmas goodies - socks for my dad. Slowly but surely. 2 on 2 circs, toe up, Queen Kahuna style. Knitted in Araucania Ranco, Size 1s. Taking freakin' forever. I'm sort of in the home stetch, or at least working on the cuff.



In the queue - a sweater for Dan. Purchased some nice tweedy yarn from Beaverslide Dry Goods, on the recommendation of Brooklyn Tweed. It's an oatmeal tweed, with little flecks of buttery color in there. Not the best color for Dan, but he likes it, and oh by the way, it's a good color for me, so I might be able to borrow it occasionally. Heehee.



In other news, a friend of mine is letting me borrow her ex-husband's spinning wheel. It's a Louet S15, single treadle. Very pretty. And a big, gigantc garbage bag full of fleece to go along with it.

Right now I'm doing far more swearing than spinning, but every now and again I get the hang of it for a nanosecond. It would probabl help if I did it a little bit everyday instead of once every couple of weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Korin said...

As much as it sucks to rip that much out... it's better than a sweater that you never wear (like my mariah!)

Saturday, November 10, 2007  
Blogger Shayne said...

Found you because I too am a Daisy May fan. I try to knit and really would love to pick it up like many other hobbies that I have but I need a lot of help and direction to get going again. My mom did teach me how when I was a kid.

Thursday, November 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home